What is my job?
- Lead the congregation in providing opportunities for worship celebrations that focus on God, help people of all ages grow in their understanding of the Gospel, and become better equipped for daily living as faithful disciples.
What does this leader do?
- Maintain a growing and healthy spiritual life and lead others to do the same.
- Know the goals of the congregation in order to support and expand the ministry goals through worship. Learn about worship and the people in your congregation and community so you can plan worship opportunities appropriate to the community. The worship team must be sensitive to new worship styles and to congregational traditions.
- Coordinate with the pastor and other worship leaders. Support worship by identifying, training and supporting worship leaders such as acolytes, scripture readers, ushers, greeters, artists and others.
- Explore resources (United Methodist and other) for worship in order to recommend their use with children, youth and adults.
- Promote individual and family worship and opportunities for spiritual formation.
- Work with other ministry leaders so that worship celebrates the whole life of the congregation and community.
- Encourage a team approach to worship planning led by the pastor.
Sunday Morning Worship
Church Hill UMC: 10:00
Sunday School: 9:00
Reedsville UMC: 8:30
Sunday School: 9:45
Milroy UMC: 11:15
Sunday School 10:00
Communion is served the first Sunday of each month.
199 Woodland Circle
Reedsville, PA 17084
717 667 9847
60 East Logan Street
Reedsville, PA 17084
91 S Main Street
Milroy, PA 17063
United Methodist Connection
We are a part of the United Methodist Church that has over 17 million members all over the world.
We are within the Susquehanna Confernece that spans central Pennsylvania from New York to the Maryland border.
We are located in the State College District that covers Lock Haven to Clearfield and Renovo to Mifflintown.
We are a single parish of two churches located in Reedsville, one of the quiet suburbs between State College and Lewistown.