Outreach & Evangelism
What is my job?
Lead the congregation in reaching out to people with the good news of Jesus Christ and receive people into the congregation so they might develop a relationship with God in Christian community and grow as Christian disciples. Lead the congregation to understand the membership vow of "supporting the church with my ... witness" (see resources for help). Help people understand how their life is a tool for evangelism.
What do I do?
- Maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life and lead others to do the same.
- Plan and implement a vital, comprehensive evangelism ministry for your congregation to reach people of all ages. This ministry will include assessment of trends in congregational growth and attendance and how people are received into the congregation.
- Work with the pastor and other leaders to align evangelism plans with the overall goals of the congregation.
- Care for all members of the congregation (including those who are inactive), as well as people who are not members of a church, to help them know and respond to the love of God in Christ. This includes a visitation program and distribution of devotional materials.
- Be familiar with United Methodist resources, facilitate their use and recommend appropriate resources for evangelism.
- Build networks with organizations, people, and resources in and beyond the congregation that are concerned with Christian evangelism.
Sunday Morning Worship
Church Hill UMC: 10:00
Sunday School: 9:00
Reedsville UMC: 8:30
Sunday School: 9:45
Milroy UMC: 11:15
Sunday School 10:00
Communion is served the first Sunday of each month.
199 Woodland Circle
Reedsville, PA 17084
717 667 9847
60 East Logan Street
Reedsville, PA 17084
91 S Main Street
Milroy, PA 17063
United Methodist Connection
We are a part of the United Methodist Church that has over 17 million members all over the world.
We are within the Susquehanna Confernece that spans central Pennsylvania from New York to the Maryland border.
We are located in the State College District that covers Lock Haven to Clearfield and Renovo to Mifflintown.
We are a single parish of two churches located in Reedsville, one of the quiet suburbs between State College and Lewistown.