What's my job?
This leader represents lay people through collaboration with church staff and in meetings. This leader is a role model to others for Christian discipleship lived out in daily life.
What does the Lay Leader do?
- This leader represents the lay people in the congregation.
- This leader is a role model of Christian discipleship for the congregation and needs to remember that others will follow this leader’s example in spiritual living.
- This person continuously looks for ways to connect Christian discipleship with daily life, and teaches others to do the same.
- The Lay Leader collaborates with other church leaders to find ways within the community of faith to recognize the ministries of laity in worship, in communication, and in other programs of the congregation.
- The Lay Leader meets regularly with the pastor to discuss the state of the church and the opportunities for ministry.
- In some congregations, the lay leader partners with the pastor in leading worship.
Sunday Morning Worship
Church Hill UMC: 10:00
Sunday School: 9:00
Reedsville UMC: 8:30
Sunday School: 9:45
Milroy UMC: 11:15
Sunday School 10:00
Communion is served the first Sunday of each month.
199 Woodland Circle
Reedsville, PA 17084
717 667 9847
91 S Main Street
Milroy, PA 17063
United Methodist Connection
We are a part of the United Methodist Church that has over 17 million members all over the world.
We are within the Susquehanna Confernece that spans central Pennsylvania from New York to the Maryland border.
We are located in the State College District that covers Lock Haven to Clearfield and Renovo to Mifflintown.
We are a single parish of two churches located in Reedsville, one of the quiet suburbs between State College and Lewistown.