What is my job?
Oversee learning and teaching experiences for the congregation so that people of all ages grow in their understanding of the gospel and become better equipped for daily living as faithful disciples.
Lead the congregation to understand the importance of lifelong growth and learning as Christian disciples.
What does this committee do?
- Maintain healthy and growing spiritual life and lead others to do the same.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of a comprehensive Christian education and formation ministry for your congregation and community. Work collaboratively with other leaders such as children ministry coordinator, youth ministry coordinator, young adult ministry coordinator, adult ministry coordinator, older adult ministry coordinator, family ministry coordinator, class leader, Sunday School Superintendent, small group team coordinator, teachers.
- Collaborate with the pastor and other leaders so that educational program goals and plans enhance the overall goals of the congregation.
- Be familiar with United Methodist curriculum resources, facilitate their use, and be able to recommend appropriate resources for all age levels and faith stages. Visit the Cokesbury Curriculum Finder or call Curric-U-Phone, 1-800-251-8591 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-251-8591 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, curricuphone@Cokesbury.comfor free help from trained Christian education consultants.
- Provide for regular training opportunities for teachers and small group leaders by promoting local, district, conference and community training.
- Encourage people to consider their vocation as Christians and how their Christian discipleship is expressed in their careers, occupations, and daily living.
- Lead the congregation in celebrations of worship and fellowship to highlight Christian education and formation in events like rally day; giving Bibles to children; and the launch of special programs like Disciple, Companions in Christ® and vacation Bible school.
- Lead the ministry team for Christian education, including planning the agendas, presiding over meetings, managing an annual education budget, and informing the congregation of needs for Christian nurture.
Sunday Morning Worship
Church Hill UMC: 10:00
Sunday School: 9:00
Reedsville UMC: 8:30
Sunday School: 9:45
Milroy UMC: 11:15
Sunday School 10:00
Communion is served the first Sunday of each month.
199 Woodland Circle
Reedsville, PA 17084
717 667 9847
60 East Logan Street
Reedsville, PA 17084
91 S Main Street
Milroy, PA 17063
United Methodist Connection
We are a part of the United Methodist Church that has over 17 million members all over the world.
We are within the Susquehanna Confernece that spans central Pennsylvania from New York to the Maryland border.
We are located in the State College District that covers Lock Haven to Clearfield and Renovo to Mifflintown.
We are a single parish of two churches located in Reedsville, one of the quiet suburbs between State College and Lewistown.