What is my job?
Keep historical documents of the congregation in order to preserve the heritage and identity of the congregation
Maintain records so the congregation can trace its efforts of the past and built on the past into the future
Remind the congregation of its identity as God's presence in a particular location
What do I do?
- Review the historical materials and collections of the congregation in order to determine what needs to be done to update, preserve, and interpret the material to people of all ages.
- Keep records in good order and interpret the history to others, particularly emphasizing the history of faith and the impact of “lived faith” on the larger community.
- Document current events and collect materials to add to the historical record of the congregation.
- Lead the congregation in celebration of the annual Heritage Sunday (usually in April or May) and other efforts for congregational and/or community celebration of history.
- Link with organizations, people, and resources in and beyond the congregation that are concerned with history.
Sunday Morning Worship
Church Hill UMC: 10:00
Sunday School: 9:00
Reedsville UMC: 8:30
Sunday School: 9:45
Milroy UMC: 11:15
Sunday School 10:00
Communion is served the first Sunday of each month.
199 Woodland Circle
Reedsville, PA 17084
717 667 9847
91 S Main Street
Milroy, PA 17063
United Methodist Connection
We are a part of the United Methodist Church that has over 17 million members all over the world.
We are within the Susquehanna Confernece that spans central Pennsylvania from New York to the Maryland border.
We are located in the State College District that covers Lock Haven to Clearfield and Renovo to Mifflintown.
We are a single parish of two churches located in Reedsville, one of the quiet suburbs between State College and Lewistown.