What's my job?
An effective chairperson brings initiative, coordination, and collaboration to the group that does planning, goal-setting, implementation, and evaluation of ministry for the congregation.
What does the Chairperson of Leadership Team/Administrative Council do?
- Lead the council in fulfilling its responsibilities as outlined in The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church, 2008, ¶252.
- Work with the pastor(s), lay leader and others to fulfill the mission of “making Disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.”
- Through the year, this leader prepares and communicates the agenda for meetings, leads the meetings, follows up actions by assigning responsibility for implementation, coordinates the activities of the leadership team, and maintains a healthy and growing spiritual life.
- Read Job Descriptions and Leadership Training in the United Methodist Church, 2009-2012, Guidelines for Leading Your Congregation 2009-2012: Church Council, and the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church, 2008to understand the depth and breadth of your position.
- Meet regularly with the lead pastor to talk about the future direction of the congregation so that the meetings and work of the leadership team supports the vision.
- In January, convene the new church council to get acquainted, share hopes and dreams for the ministry of your congregation, and plan your work for the year. Engage the committee in Bible study and theological reflection to understand their work of discerning and articulating God’s will for your congregation.
- Set aside time for personal spiritual practices which build your attentiveness to God’s will and direction for your leadership and your congregation. Daily management and administration can shift any leader’s attention away from the purpose of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Develop a learning environment by inviting your team members to read and discuss a common book or having common experiences of training and mission.
The Church Council is the administrative agency of the charge conference to envision, plan, implement, and annually evaluate the ministry of the congregation. (The book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church, 2008, ¶252) The chair of this group is elected annually by the charge conference (¶251.3).
Sunday Morning Worship
Church Hill UMC: 10:00
Sunday School: 9:00
Reedsville UMC: 9:00
Milroy UMC: 11:15
Sunday School 10:00
Communion is served the first Sunday of each month.
199 Woodland Circle
Reedsville, PA 17084
717 667 9847
60 East Logan Street
Reedsville, PA 17084
91 S Main Street
Milroy, PA 17063
United Methodist Connection
We are a part of the United Methodist Church that has over 17 million members all over the world.
We are within the Susquehanna Confernece that spans central Pennsylvania from New York to the Maryland border.
We are located in the State College District that covers Lock Haven to Clearfield and Renovo to Mifflintown.
We are a single parish of two churches located in Reedsville, one of the quiet suburbs between State College and Lewistown.